Happy Holidays to all y’all!
We have now been officially open in our new location for one whole week! It’s been great being an open store again even with a limited capacity (max capacity of 10 customers, properly worn masks required for the duration of the visit, hand sanitizer at the door and gloves available for those that would like them).
During the time we’ve been operating in a different capacity (mail order and pickups and some appointment shopping) we’ve adopted some new practices that we’ll likely continue. With that we are going to change the way updates go. We aren’t going to have the long text lists of yore. We will continue to barrage social media with restocks in the stories and new arrivals on the timelines. New arrival pictures will also make their way here (in lieu of the text lists). If ever you’re unsure of a thing or if you’re looking for a thing, as always, please get in touch with us.
View this post on Instagram
We’d also like to remind everyone that we will continue to do curbside pickups for the foreseeable future. We understand any trepidation with going into any given public space these days and we are totally agreeable to anything that brings folks comfort and if that means meeting in the parking lot with some music then yep, we’re with that!
Discogs will continue to serve as the main place we’ll list our online inventory. Big Cartel is the spot for our label releases and store merch like t-shirts – we are discussing a possible growth of that particular online portal so keep an eye out for updates on that. And we have Gift Certificates available in store and also through a link at the bottom of this post! Continue reading Update 4th December 2020 (new location, new update)
We’re excited to let you all know that we are ready to open this coming Friday!
November 27th, 2020
We will be open from 8AM-8PM!
We are carrying Record Store Day Black Friday titles and this is our system for that:
1. Show up early.
2. Sign up for your place in line on our clipboard by the door. No emails or phone calls to reserve your place. You have to physically go and sign up. (Sign up sheet will go out some time randomly Thursday night. We’ll post on social media when it’s out.)
3. Wait until 8AM (in your car or wherever you want, but be ready to come in when it’s your turn).
4. At 8AM we will start calling or texting (preference noted on sign up sheet) people to come inside. We’ll have our bay door open for maximum air flow and there will be a 10 person maximum capacity in place. Masks are required (worn properly over nose and mouth), keep 6 feet of distancing between people and hand sanitizer will be at the door for use upon entry.
5. Shop! Have fun! It’s a new experience in a new place! Please try to limit your time during this first visit so we can keep the line system running smooth.
The list of Black Friday titles will go up on our site Wednesday night.
If you are not looking for Black Friday titles it might be wise to wait until later in the day to come by when there won’t be as long a wait time.
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe out there.
Our shop is still closed for walk-in shopping.
We are doing “curb-side” service – details here: http://redscrollrecords.com/2020/05/25th-of-may-2020-update-curbside-pick-up.html
Record Store Day this year has been split into three RSD DROPS which are happening the last weekend of August, end of September and end of October. The first of those is coming up quick on August 29th. We’ve been getting inquiries on how that is working here so let’s go over the procedure.
First off, there will be no physical line so do not come to the store early to get in line.
Next Friday, August 28th, we’ll post up our list of available RSD Drop 1 titles. We’ll post this explanation again then too. Prices will be included this year.
How to do RECORD STORE DAY Drop 1 with us / at Redscroll Records (virtually):
- Read the list of what we have available.
- Put your want list together. [1 per title per person]
- Wait until 10AM, Saturday (August 29th)and call us with your list. Keep calling until you get through. (203)265-7013 (CALL ONLY – NO EMAILS or Social Media Messages)
- Once you have talked to us on the phone you have made it through the virtual line and we will get you set with what we can at that point.
- Pick up is between 12-6PM. Please don’t come before 12PM. We are reserving the 10AM-12PM time to phone calls so we won’t be able to run orders out before 12PM. Pick up protocol can be found here.
RSD items are allowed to go online at 1PM. We will assess what we have and how the day is going between calls/pick-ups before we start listing online. We will also announce widely when we start making things available for online sales. In the same regard, we will only answer emails and social media messages once the phone calls have subsided so the best and most efficient way to get into our virtual line is by calling us until you get through (after 10AM on Saturday, August 29th).
We look forward to talking to you all next week and seeing many of you on August 29th! In the parking lot, wearing a mask with you in your car.
4th of April 2020 Update
(Mailorder Open/Storefront Closed)
at Redscroll Records
Hey all. We’re going to keep doing a different type of update while our physical storefront is closed. This week, it being the first week of the month, we’ll feature our monthly employee picks! Some video clips for each to follow.
First, here’s a reminder of where you can shop with us online:
Discogs – This is our main mail order store that hovers in the mid 30,000 item range! Lots to choose from! For those unfamiliar with using Discogs here’s a quick usage tip: if you are on a computer (laptop or desktop) you can find lots of categories on the left-hand side of the screen and if you are on a phone or tablet go all the way to the bottom and click for the desktop view of the site (it’s really a much better way to view the site). Click on “MINT” to view new items for instance and sort by genre, style and whatever your heart desires! [During the time our storefront is closed we will be offering a 10% Discount on everything to make up for shipping and Discogs fees.]
Big Cartel – This is where you can find our record label releases as well as shirts and patches.
We also have Gift Certificates for use when we re-open the physical storefront. Scroll to the bottom for that.