We’re excited to let you all know that we are ready to open this coming Friday!
November 27th, 2020
69 South Turnpike Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
We will be open from 8AM-8PM!
We are carrying Record Store Day Black Friday titles and this is our system for that:
1. Show up early.
2. Sign up for your place in line on our clipboard by the door. No emails or phone calls to reserve your place. You have to physically go and sign up. (Sign up sheet will go out some time randomly Thursday night. We’ll post on social media when it’s out.)
3. Wait until 8AM (in your car or wherever you want, but be ready to come in when it’s your turn).
4. At 8AM we will start calling or texting (preference noted on sign up sheet) people to come inside. We’ll have our bay door open for maximum air flow and there will be a 10 person maximum capacity in place. Masks are required (worn properly over nose and mouth), keep 6 feet of distancing between people and hand sanitizer will be at the door for use upon entry.
5. Shop! Have fun! It’s a new experience in a new place! Please try to limit your time during this first visit so we can keep the line system running smooth.
The list of Black Friday titles will go up on our site Wednesday night.
If you are not looking for Black Friday titles it might be wise to wait until later in the day to come by when there won’t be as long a wait time.
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe out there.
Our shop is still closed for walk-in shopping.
We are doing “curb-side” service – details here: http://redscrollrecords.com/2020/05/25th-of-may-2020-update-curbside-pick-up.html
Record Store Day this year has been split into three RSD DROPS which are happening the last weekend of August, end of September and end of October. The first of those is coming up quick on August 29th. We’ve been getting inquiries on how that is working here so let’s go over the procedure.
First off, there will be no physical line so do not come to the store early to get in line.
Next Friday, August 28th, we’ll post up our list of available RSD Drop 1 titles. We’ll post this explanation again then too. Prices will be included this year.
How to do RECORD STORE DAY Drop 1 with us / at Redscroll Records (virtually):
- Read the list of what we have available.
- Put your want list together. [1 per title per person]
- Wait until 10AM, Saturday (August 29th)and call us with your list. Keep calling until you get through. (203)265-7013 (CALL ONLY – NO EMAILS or Social Media Messages)
- Once you have talked to us on the phone you have made it through the virtual line and we will get you set with what we can at that point.
- Pick up is between 12-6PM. Please don’t come before 12PM. We are reserving the 10AM-12PM time to phone calls so we won’t be able to run orders out before 12PM. Pick up protocol can be found here.
RSD items are allowed to go online at 1PM. We will assess what we have and how the day is going between calls/pick-ups before we start listing online. We will also announce widely when we start making things available for online sales. In the same regard, we will only answer emails and social media messages once the phone calls have subsided so the best and most efficient way to get into our virtual line is by calling us until you get through (after 10AM on Saturday, August 29th).
We look forward to talking to you all next week and seeing many of you on August 29th! In the parking lot, wearing a mask with you in your car.
Continue reading RSD DROP DAY August 29th, 2020
4th of April 2020 Update
(Mailorder Open/Storefront Closed)
at Redscroll Records
Hey all. We’re going to keep doing a different type of update while our physical storefront is closed. This week, it being the first week of the month, we’ll feature our monthly employee picks! Some video clips for each to follow.
First, here’s a reminder of where you can shop with us online:
Discogs – This is our main mail order store that hovers in the mid 30,000 item range! Lots to choose from! For those unfamiliar with using Discogs here’s a quick usage tip: if you are on a computer (laptop or desktop) you can find lots of categories on the left-hand side of the screen and if you are on a phone or tablet go all the way to the bottom and click for the desktop view of the site (it’s really a much better way to view the site). Click on “MINT” to view new items for instance and sort by genre, style and whatever your heart desires! [During the time our storefront is closed we will be offering a 10% Discount on everything to make up for shipping and Discogs fees.]
Big Cartel – This is where you can find our record label releases as well as shirts and patches.
We also have Gift Certificates for use when we re-open the physical storefront. Scroll to the bottom for that.
Continue reading 4th of April 2020 Update (Mailorder Open/Storefront Closed)
It is with no satisfaction or joy that we are closing our doors to the public starting on Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 until further notice.
- Record Store Day has been postponed until June 20th.
- Our Anniversary Sale has been postponed to June 5th-11th.
- The record fair at Counter Weight we had scheduled for May 16th has been cancelled for now (with a possible future date to be announced).
There are a couple basic ways you can support the store during this time:
This is where our online store lives. During the time our storefront is closed we will be offering a 10% Discount on everything to make up for shipping and Discogs fees. We will be getting new shipments during this time and pricing records that have been building up recently so hit refresh on that shop to your heart’s content!
If you’d like to support us at this time, but do not want to shop online you can absolutely bank on our future by purchasing a Gift Certificate. You can either call into the store between 11AM-5PM while our physical store is closed (we will be there conducting online business) or buy it using the button above. If you’d like buy a Gift Certificate of a greater or different amount than any of the options please feel free to buy them in whatever quantity equals the amount you’d like.
We look forward to when this is all past us, but until then we are doing our best and hope the best and good health to all of you!
Thanks to all who came through this month and helped us raise money for Australian Wildlife – namely the Port Macquarie Koala Hospital and their efforts.